How To Prepare Your Roof For Fall
The cool breezes and chilly evenings of October remind us that the holidays are fast approaching. But here at Pride Roofing LLC, it also reminds us to get started on seasonal roof preparations — and fast! No one wants to deal with roof maintenance when they could be enjoying the changing leaves, but if precautions aren’t taken today, damage could lead to full roof replacement tomorrow.
Let’s get autumn off on the right foot. Here’s how to protect your roof during the cooler months, including how professional roofing contractors can do most of the work for you.
Preparing Your Roof For Cooler Weather
Cooler weather brings new considerations to your Covington home. From falling leaves to hail and snow, you never know quite what the season will bring. So that’s why we prepare for everything!
Fall Roof Preparations
The falling leaves are a beautiful sight during the latter half of fall — but it’s certainly not always a good thing for our roofs!
Here’s how to prepare your roof for September, October, and November weather:
- Remove leaves, branches, and other debris from the roof and gutters. If you don’t feel comfortable doing this on your own, find a local expert who can help.
- Check your shingles for any signs or symptoms of damage. Missing shingles, broken pieces, or gaps in the flashing may be cause for alarm.
- Make sure your gutters are totally cleared out. Remove debris as necessary.
- Keep an eye out for leaks, spills, or puddling. Any of these warning signs are bound to get worse before they get better, and usually require some level of roof repair or replacement.
- Rely on a professional roofing contractor to inspect your roof in detail. Pride Roofing LLC would be more than happy to complete this inspection process for you, all for free!
Need more information about how to replace a roof? Check out some detailed resources from professional roofing contractors.
Pride Is Your Professional Roofer For Fall Prep
No matter what your roof may need this fall, always receive the help you deserve. As a professional roofer and roofing contractor with fifty years of combined experience, Pride Roofing LLC is ready for whatever comes our way — including preparations for your roof.
We’re proud to serve homes and businesses all over Gulfport, offering roof replacement, repair, and installation in:
- Albany, LA
- Hammond, LA
- Covington, LA
- New Orleans, LA
- Lafayette, LA
- Gulfport, LA
- Laurel, MS
Get in touch with us today at 855-PRIDE-16 to discuss roof repairs, replacements, or installations for your Louisiana property, or visit us in-person at 19391 Florida Boulevard in Albany, LA. A job done well is a job done with Pride!