What Makes Metal Standing Seam Roofs Unique
Homeowners have a lot of roofing options in this day and age. From sustainable wood shakes to old-world clay tiles, there are dozens of ways to customize your property and get a unique look all your own. However, thousands of homeowners are turning away from conventional shingles and purchasing more historic roofing alternatives — including metal panels.
The metal roof has become one of the most popular roofing options for property owners in Albany LA. Today, more than 750,000 people install new standing seam roof panels every year — an impressive 11% market share second only to traditional shingles.
The metal standing seam roof has taken the roofing world by storm. But what makes standing seam roof panels so unique, and why should you care at all?
Let’s take a closer look.
Understanding The Metal Standing Seam Roof
Before we get into what makes metal roofs unique, we need to define what they actually are.
A metal standing seam roof is a type of metal roofing designed with durability in mind. Unlike corrugated metal roofs, the fastener system is completely hidden underneath uniquely trapezoidal legs. There are several different designs available on the market, including options like:
- Non-structural panel systems
- Continuous seam positive locking
- Mechanically seamed in field
The Benefits Of Standing Seam Roof Panels In Albany LA
So why are metal roofing materials so unique? Here’s what sets it apart from other shingle types:
- Metal roofs are extremely durable. Thanks to weathertight locking systems, they are much more leak resistant than the average shingled roof.
- Metal roofs are long-lasting. Compared to shingled roofs (which last only 12 years on average), metal roofs can persist for up to 70 years.
- Metal roofs are surprisingly lightweight. The average 10′ x 10′ square of shingles is 347 pounds. In contrast, a 10′ x 10′ square of metal roofing is just 73 pounds.
- Metal roofs are 100% recyclable. Not only can they be installed directly above another roof, but they can be melted down and eventually repurposed into something entirely different.
- Metal roofs have been around for thousands of years. Even the Romans once used copper to cover the roof of the Pantheon. Asphalt shingles, on the other hand, have only been around for 122 years.
Best of all, metal roofing is surprisingly affordable compared to other options. And if you work with the professionals behind Pride Roofing LLC, you’ll get a free in-person estimate and an accurate quote.
Pride Roofing LLC Is Your Roofing Contractor For A Metal Standing Seam Roof
Metal roofs are the future of the American roofing industry — and the best investment you could make for your Albany LA property. If you’re looking to invest in standing seam roof panels for your home or business, don’t hesitate to reach out to Pride Roofing LLC right away. We are an Albany LA favorite in the roofing industry, and would love the opportunity to show you why.
Find out why a job done well is a job done with Pride. Give us a call at 855-PRIDE-16, or drop by the office at 19391 Florida Blvd, Albany LA 70711.